Lips Like Jessie J


Jessie J is the ultimate babe. She has attitude, an amazing voice, conquered bullying in her youth as well as surviving a stroke she suffered at the age of 18 due to Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. 

As well as all of these amazing achievements, she shaved her head in the name of charity in March 2013 during live Red Nose Day 2013, which helped her raise a record breaking £75 million for the Comic Relief Charity.

When I first heard of Jessie J, I was in college and 'Do It Like a Dude' was suggested on YouTube. This became my jam for next several weeks. One of the things I have always wanted to mimic and play with is her make-up style, in particular the lip tattoos that she wears that initially became a big hype. (I'm only 5 years too late.)


I simply typed in 'lip tattoo' on Ebay and there were so many options! 

I chose one at random as they were all from similar areas, all for 99p and all had free postage.

I selected a pink shade with pastel pink stars scattered on them.


These look horrifying! And I have really thin lips so didn't use half of the lip tattoo provided. 

The easiest way to apply them was to put on lipstick and cut the lip tattoo in half like above. Then place on the lips and cut off the excess. Then, just like a stick on tattoo for a 5 year old, apply plenty of water until the back paper slides off.


The top lip I didn't cut round enough and I didn't leave enough material for the bottom of my lip so it didn't look that great on me. Also, the stars weren't that visible on the lips which was disappointing.

I'm 50/50 as to whether I would wear them on a night out as it takes a pro/lots of practice to make this look good. 

I've ordered some more to practice with. One thing I hated at the time but actually love is that these do not come off easily. For a night out this means I wouldn't have to carry lipstick and excuse myself to reapply but when I'm drunk at the end of the night I wouldn't have the patience to scrub (which actually really hurt) this stuff off my lips. Soap and warm water (the suggested removal method) didn't quite work for me. I ended up with a scrubber to my lips, although it did plump them for a while after.


When my lips were shut they didn't look too bad.

My overall thought is that it's not a bad product. I just need to practice and trial them on a night out.

I bought the lip tattoo featured in this post here.

The one that I bought today is from here. They have an offer on which is purchase 5 and get 10 free!

Have you got any lip tattoo make-up styles?


No comments:

Post a Comment