Friday Feeling Lip Haul


It's Friday! Finally. I'm very fortunate to not work weekends and so I get two whole days to absolutely waste my life doing nothing. It's amazing.

This week started well, I got my hair and nails done and work was going pretty good but then we got hit with another house rejection. It's heart breaking because we were accepted for the house and some guy swooped in offering a year's rent up front. If you have that kind of cash then just buy a house! So frustrating. It started to strain our little group of four, Richie and Rob were gutted and exhausted, I was just heart broken because I keep visualising us living in places and Jamie was close to giving up. 

Today is a new day and we're strong with the search again, every rejection we get makes us more and more determined to find the perfect place to live. 

Let's start with my nails. I've been having princess vibes lately and so I got pink glittery nails to replace my manky old infills.



I love them again. It de-stressed me to get my hair and nails done and weirdly gave me the energy to deal with life's stresses again. 

In true homage to the princess vibes that I've been feeling, I also bought a crown necklace off Ebay. I originally wanted a tiara one but I couldn't find any nice ones for a low price. I bought this one for £3.49. I may have princess vibes but not a princess bank account.


My dog likes to chill on my bed and so dog hair is a regular feature in photos. 

After an early finish at work (job perks, I can alter my times and work extra/leave early when I want to) I decided that I would cook my parents some dinner. Of course I can't actually cook and so I went to Morrison's and bought some ready made Pizza. I'm that much of a terrible chef that they didn't even eat the thing I had to heat up...they went to McDonald's instead! Ha!

Whilst I was in Morrison's, I stopped by the make-up aisle (like I do every time I go shopping) and thought about the stuff that I needed to replace. I got the usual mascara and eyeliner as they run empty quite often and then looked at the lip section.


I adore Rimmel Mascara. When I had just started blogging and ever since then I've blogged and raved about this product. The new mascara is a different version of this one but I hope it is just as fantastic. I am a loyal fan of Rimmel London mascara and would happily go the rest of my life not using any other brand. 

I am a true make-up junkie. I love nothing more than spending hours working on new looks and playing about with different types of make-up but for some reason I tend to neglect my lips. 

I've blogged in the past about how I hated my thin lips and I tend to stick to one lipstick for multiple nights out but whilst I was in the make-up aisle, I decided to see what they had on offer. 

I have never worn lip liner before. As I said I've never concentrated on my lips before but I feel that a way to make them seem bigger is to make them over. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and scrolling tags on Instagram in which girls with average to thin lips make them seem a lot plumper by applying their make-up in a specific way.

I decided that as a fan of the red lips, I would purchase a red lipstick and lip liner.







Over the next couple of days I'm going to test these and put the review on my blog. So far they seem pretty good as I struggled to get the swatch off with make-up wipes after so they seem pretty durable.

My kind boyfriend has volunteered to be a part of my experiment. I have things like 'The Kissing Test,' 'The Drink Test' and 'The Food Test' lined up to see how long they last for and if they survive my hectic lifestyle. I think I'll have to do a work trial too.

Another thing I thought I'd try was lip gloss. I tend to avoid lip gloss. It never lasts, it makes my lips feel heavy and sticky and it dries them out making them chap and split.

I've seen a few bloggers I know use lip glosses and even lip glosses that dry into matte lipsticks and so decided that it's about time that I shook off my bad preconception of them. One that stood out for me was Collection Lock and Hold 6 Hour Wear Lipgloss. 



The packaging is incredible. Different shades of a nice colour and when I picked it up it was a nice plastic material, thick but light weight. I briefly tried out this lip gloss but will post a real review at a later date. 

It made my lips feel heavy and a bit gross but I feel this way about every lip gloss. The pale pink colour that was painted onto my lips was attractive and the fruity scent was what made me fall in love with this product. It was pleasurable but not overbearing. I wiped it off after a while because I didn't like the way my lips felt but I am determined to stick it out for a day and change my mind about lip glosses. 

If you're interested in any of these products then I bought them from Morrison's! 

Maybelline Pleasure Me Red 547 Lipstick and Maybelline Colour Sensation 547 Pleasure Me Red Lip Liner £10.98

Rimmel London 100% Waterproof Mascara £4.99

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner £2.99

Collection Lock and Hold Lip-gloss 6 Hour Wear £2.99

Now that the working week is over, I am going to chill out with Catfish, Pizza and beer. 



Tomorrow, Jamie and I are venturing out of town for a break. Expect a lot of photos.

What lipsticks/lip glosses do you swear by?


3 comments:

  1. That Maybelline Pleasure Me Red lipstick is very pretty! So sorry to hear about what happened with your house offer, that sucks, but maybe opened you up for something better, no? :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo I'm really excited to wear it now! And awww thank you! We've had a few so I'm hoping so, we haven't given up just yet! Haha xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete