Snow White #OOTD and Stress Dress Shopping


I've become that stressed and tired that I've made myself ill and starting procrastinating instead. Over the past few nights I've been lying in bed waiting to fall asleep and finally succeeding around 12.30am but waking again at 4am before having a broken sleep til around 5am.

Working long shifts and attempting to get organised to move out as well as lack of sleep has left me with painful migraines and a snappy attitude. I mean, how hard is it to find a decent yet cheap washer, fridge and freezer? 

In light of all of the events I decided to play dress up for work today. I went in a Snow White inspired look. Of course the royal blue shirt represents the 'at one-ness' with nature and her blue costume, the red skirt was mainly because I didn't have anything yellow but also because it was the same shade as her cape. 





The cardigan is fluffy and plays on her name more than what she wears and the backstory of how she got that name, representing the freshly laid snow and the pale whiteness of her skin.

"Snow White's Mother, the Queen, was sat sewing at her open window when she was startled into pricking her finger. This caused but three drops of red blood to drip onto the fresh blanket of winter snow on her black windowsill. Seeing the colour combination in all of it's beauty, she wishes secretly to herself , "Oh, how I wish that I had a daughter that had skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood and hair as black as ebony." And thus, Snow White was born.

My favourite part about this outfit was that I have a bitten apple necklace.






It really completed the look and a lot of people at work took notice. Of course, in the fairy tale, the Evil Queen wants to murder Snow White (I really can't believe this was shown to me as a kid, ha!) and attempts to by giving her a red poison apple. She eats it and passes out. Like me after a few cocktails.



Of course the story gets a little weird here and a handsome Prince falls in love with a presumed dead girl in which seven dwarves then go to HAND OVER THE COFFIN, thus awakening her and going on to instantly wed before torturing and killing the Evil Queen (I made a quick adaptation. It really depends what version you read/see). 

After a stressful day Adulting, and being a tiny bit disappointed in the lack of yellow in my snow white OOTD, I decided to treat myself to a new dress.





Now I can re-do this outfit and have a summery (British summer is like Winter but it's daylight for longer) dress.

I bought the apple necklace from a Charity Sale over a year ago but I'm sure you'll find one if you look online. Also, the cardigan was given to me so I have no idea where that is from either :') 

Yellow dress featured can be found here.

Blue Rose Shirt - Asda 
Skirt - Primark 
Leggings - Primark

I'm going to make more Disney inspired outfits. Who's your favourite Disney Character?

 photo 533520737063518120715_zps9uwv1vbb.png

2 comments:

  1. Love this post - your nails and necklace compliment each other beautifully.

    My favourite is definitely Tiana (Princess and the Frog) - would love to see an outfit post inspired by her!

    Jenna
    | princessparasox.wordpress.com | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much!! And you have given me another excuse to go shopping! I'll see what I can do ;) hehe. Oooooo, I may even get to make my own dress! I used to love doing that. It's been a while :') xoxo

      Delete