Introducing M&M Rainbow Cookies


It's my last two days off work and I have had no plans. This is ideal because I'm about to go back to a super stressful office job and I have a feeling that this week is going to be insane. 

I started my day out slowly. Cuddled and chatted to Jamie in bed before he went off to watch the F1 and I enjoyed a cooked breakfast and romantic comedies in bed. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.


After this, I donned a new Autumn outfit and planned what I was going to do that day. I didn't want to put on make-up and actually venture out of the flat but I'm not the type to just sit down all day.

As I stated in yesterday's blog post, I am a new fan of Purples. 


All of the above: Primark. Except for the Cardigan which is about a century old and from a Catalogue that doesn't exist anymore. The Shoes were from a sale in Shoe Zone.

After getting dressed and cleaning the flat, I sat and scrolled through Bloglovin.' It has a new notification alert which forces me to not neglect it for weeks on end. Quite smart and useful as I was inspired to bake by a fellow blogger.

I saw this blog post written by Leah over at Leah Talks and thought I'd give M&M rainbow cookies a try. Although I tend not to eat more than one portion of the stuff I bake, my three flat mates adore that they have constant access to free cookies and cakes and I like to experiment. 

Considering this is the first thing I've ever baked from scratch and I don't have half of the equipment needed (weighing scales for example), they turned out OK. Jamie likes them at least :')

Although I've linked the original blog post, I'll re-post the ingredients and method below for those who are interested in giving it a try.

Ingredients 

You shall need: 

300g Caster Sugar (or Granulated sugar if like me, you couldn't find any)

1 Egg (I found Medium was the best size)

200g Butter

325g Self Raising Flour 

200g M&Ms (or any chocolate you enjoy but M&M's and smarties are perfect for the rainbow stain)

(The original recipe contained white chocolate which was left out of this because my flat mates aren't big fans of white chocolate).
 


Method

1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. 

2. Whisk (or spoon) together the sugar and butter.

3. Crack the egg into the mixture and mix again.

4. Add the flour in a little bit at a time until it forms a dough.



5. Add the M&M's and stir into the mixture.

6. Get some grease-proof paper or do what I did and oil a baking tray (or butter could work) to prevent the mixture from sticking to the tray.

7. Grab two spoons (I found this easier) or use your hands to place lumps of dough on a baking tray (or if you have the stencils, make cool and funky shapes with them!). These will expand so make sure you leave plenty of room.


8. Put them in your oven between ten and twenty minutes. Cookies continue to cook after they have been removed from the oven and so you're looking for the outsides to be a golden brown colour. 


9. Leave them on the side for half an hour to cool and harden. The 'baked brown' colour will come out more as they cool.

Sit back and enjoy your cookies! 

 



Big thank you to Leah for sharing this recipe and making my Sunday-like-Saturday a not boring one. 

You can also follow Leah at https://twitter.com/leah_talks  or over on Bloglovin' (where I found her blog.)

What have you cooked/baked lately? Share your links below so I can check them out and try them!


 photo 533520737063518120715_zps9uwv1vbb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment