Banana Bread Recipe!


I go through phases where I become obsessed with baking, especially when I'm stressed out. A couple of weeks ago I posted a life update (here) about the adventure we had with our property manager and my bathroom - which ended up getting ripped out. That day was the day that I shot together a cake and was missing half the ingredients. It still turned out pretty good though.

My eggless concoction. Can you tell I was shouting on the phone whilst decorating it? It was supposed to be green icing too! :')

Well, as a connoisseur in the art of over-sharing, I posted a picture of that delightful accident on my Social Media pages. A few people I know commented saying to make Banana Bread. I don't know why, but I went with it.

Here is my recipe for Banana Bread! 

Of course, I didn't make this up. I took the recipe off BBC Food website and slightly adapted it. 

I didn't have a loaf tin as suggested so just went with what I had, so I ended up making up a banana bread cake hybrid. Tasted delicious though!

You Will Need/Ingredients


1. 140g butter
2. 140g caster sugar
3. 2 large eggs
4. 140g self raising flour
5. 2 bananas 
6. 50g Icing sugar
7. 2-3 teaspoons of water 
8. (Optional) Vanilla/flavoured essence 

- A large mixing bowl
- Spoon
- Whisk
- Fork
- Smaller Bowl
- Weighing Scales 
- Bread tin

Step by Step Recipe

1. Pre-Heat the oven to 180°

2. Grab your smaller bowl and mash up your bananas with a fork or the whisk



3. Butter the baking tin

4. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy



5. Add the eggs with a little bit of sifted flour

6. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, mashed bananas and the optional vanilla/flavoured essence. I like it quite powerful so threw a load in but if you like it subtle, no more than four drops should be added



7. Pour into the tin and bake for 30 mins*

*Edit: Mine took more like 45-50 minutes. It depends on how much of the ingredients you use, what type of oven you have (mine is a fan oven) and what you bake the bread/cake/hybrid in.



8. Once the bread/cake/hybrid is baked through (you can check by using a knife or bamboo skewer, anything that is long enough to penetrate and show you any residue left over, if there is then you need to bake it for longer until the skewer/knife comes back through clean) put on the side to cool down



9. Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of water to make a runny (not completely liquid) icing. 

10. Decorate! (When it has cooled down enough)



Voila! Serve with a nice cup of tea and enjoy!



Did you try this recipe or have your own version of banana bread? Link me to yours below or find me on social media!


 photo 533520737063518120715_zps9uwv1vbb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment