Phrases that I Fucking Hate...


I am one of those complex human beings that hates to be with people but hates to be alone. I could not live in a world filled without people and yet on a day to day basis, I hate that these people talk to me or even acknowledge my existence.

I am very fortunate to have best friends like Dannii, Connor and Jamie that understand my weird little brain. I will go days without talking to them because I can't bring myself to have conversations but then I will have days where I can talk shit all day long and spam them with 11 messages (I have no shame in doing that.)

I am not saying that I don't use and abuse these phrases because I do. I use the word literally incorrectly and I am such an awkward person that my brain malfunctions and all I can spout for 'life advice' (my life is a mess and people still ask me my opinions on theirs) is phrases that make me cringe as I'm saying them. I go blank, I don't know what to say so I say anything.

I also hate it when people try and get involved with my life and offer me opinions that I never asked for. Although I use the following phrases, it really fucking irritates me when people use them on me. *Deep breaths*.

Phrases that fucking irritate me...

1. "It is what it is"

Yes. It is. And I fucking hate it, captain oblivious to my feelings.

2. ""Just saying"

And I'm just feeling your lack of empathy for my emotions Cruella de Vil.

3. "At this moment in time"

You are wasting more moments of my time by saying this.

This phrase can never and will never have a positive tone or outcome. YOU ARE PROLONGING MY PAIN AND SUFFERING.

4. "In my opinion"

I didn't ask for it and I don't want it.

5. "Must be nice"

Yes it fucking is Barbara (I don't know anyone called Barbara). Thanks for the guilt trip on my happy moment you monster.

6. "Don't take this personally"

Welllllll, I just did.

7. "It'll happen when you least expect it"

Well, now I'm going to subconsciously and consciously expect it without working for it whatsoever. Whatever 'it' is.

8. "You need to see the bigger picture"

I already do and that's why I'm crying you utter fuckwit.

9. "No offense, but"

My personal favourite to use. I am usually drunk when I say it which makes it sooooo much worse.

No offense really means "I'm going to be really offensive but I don't want to take responsibility for this personal attack on you."

10. "If I were you"

You're not.

11. "There's always someone worse off than you"

There's always someone better off than me too but we don't bring that up. 

Yes, life is shit sometimes, adulthood has been particularly shitty for me so far and the shit that goes on in my life affects me in every which way, every day of my life so I am perfectly entitled to feel like shit.

*****

This post isn't aimed at anybody and not written to cause offense. As I stated at the beginning, I use these cringe-worthy phrases more often than comfortable, this post is my way of apologising to those who I use them on and how I deal with my alone-yet-people-a-phobia.

Anyway, I'm off to hug my emoji collection and get a dog.

What are your most hated phrases? Comment below or find me on Social Media!

 photo 533520737063518120715_zps9uwv1vbb.png

2 comments:

  1. Mine is "The thing is is"... No. And "Not gonna lie" before they just make a normal statement. WHY. WHY YOU DO DIS.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahahahaha, yes! I have used "Not gonna lie," so much. I can't cope when people talk to me, aha! Like, why would I expect you to lie to me? Why would I think you are actually lying? Now...I think you are, in fact, lying! :')

      Delete