Sunday Adventures


I'm always saying how I wish I would go out more, do more things and how much I worry or think about money. Today I pulled in some weekend overtime, which originally depressed the fuck out of me but it was actually super enjoyable. 

Although I was spending what little time I have off in the work place, working out of choice has a calmer aura around it. It's less frantic and although you have to hit the same targets and stats, there's somehow less pressure to it.

For the first time in a long time, I left work and I wasn't tired. I usually start at 7am but today started at 8 and I feel like that hour really made all the difference. I was less dependent on coffee and overall just happy.

The weather helped. It was glorious as I left work. My beautiful boyfriend picked me up and we did some food shopping and some errands before we headed to the river for a picnic in the Sun.

Sunday's have a different vibe to them. It's just a super chill day. I used to work weekends and rota work so never really had a weekend per se, but I always want to just kick back and relax, write something, draw something or create something on a Sunday.

 And I adore nature.














We discovered that my balance is awful. I kept slipping over. Had enough balance to not face-plant the water though!














It's weird. We both grew up coming to this river but didn't know each other at the time.



I would come here with school friends, my brother, I've been with my family before and some college friends. I have also been with my current group of friends although I vote that we definitely need to go more. I neglect this place too much considering all of the memories I made here...and all of the injuries I got.

We walked, we talked and cuddled and it was just the most perfect Sunday. I am going to bed a very happy little lady. In the next couple of weeks we're heading to Beamish! I'm so excited as I haven't been there since I was a child. 

Where have you been lately? 

 photo 533520737063518120715_zps9uwv1vbb.png

4 comments:

  1. So excited to have came across your blog - it's so lovely! And what a perfect way to spend a Sunday! I adore days like this, you just feel so calm and content (ready for going back to work, ugh). Also I must say, you look fabulous my dear!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thank you so much, beautiful! <3 Sometimes I post stuff just because it's super lovely to look back on, hehe. I adore them too! I usually hate Sundays and completely waste them so I'm so glad that we actually did something! Awwww, thank you! You're too nice :') <3 I did a few hours overtime this morning and was originally wearing all black! Thank goodness I got changed as the Sun was beaming :D:D <3

      Delete
  2. Splendid landscape in those photos, thanks for sharing. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a beautiful place! I wish we were there again today but work and adulthood responsibilities call, aha! Greetings!

      Delete